Events at the Rotary Club of Karori
Our club meets every Tuesday evening from 6:00pm to about 8:15pm. In that time we conduct the normal business of the club which includes:
- An opportunity to purchase wine, beer of soft drinks
- An opportunity to casual discussion with fellow members about the weeks events and anything else that comes to mind
- A two course meal with coffee to follow
- A "viewpoint" from a member. This is an opportunity for a member to provide information or observations on life, the universe and everything! They are limited to about 20 minutes!
- A "sergeants session". This is a fun way of raising some funds by fining members for a variety of imagined or real transgressions. The fines are voluntary though and typically run to about $1 - $2.00 or less
- A guest speaker. The topics vary greatly based on the interests of members and the themes that Rotary International develop. These typically last for about 30-40 minutes including an opportunity for questions and discussion at the end.
In addition to (or sometimes instead of) we also organize group events such as trips to the cinema, ambrose golf tournaments, community working bees, community fund raising events such as selling Christmas puddings at the mall or any other event that is suggested at a regular meeting and meets with sufficient interest to be progressed.